Plasma Catastrophist Geology
Posted on July 15th, 2015

Update: On July 21, 2015, Michael passed away. RIP Michael, we will miss you dearly.
For several years, Michael Steinbacher has studied the geological formations of the American Southwest in the field. He has compared the standard explanations and alternative explanations with what he sees and has noted correspondences and anomalies. The context of his study is the physical interpretation of globally occurring themes of ancient legends and art, the observed properties of plasma behavior in laboratory settings, and a plasma-catastrophist theory of the recent geological history of the Earth.

Michael Steinbacher is a professional journalistic and artistic photographer. He has been photo editor for The Trentonian (Trenton, NJ) and staff photographer for the Miami Herald and the Daily Breeze (Los Angeles). Early in his career he became interested in Immanuel Velikovsky’s contention that myths were evidence of global catastrophes. The advent of plasma theories sparked his interest in field-testing the implications of catastrophist models: Could observations of actual formations sustain such an interpretation and how might they modify it?

Posted in Science    Tagged with Electric Universe, Plasma, Geology

20 Comments

Steve - July 24th, 2015 at 1:28 AM
RIP Michael. A true free thinker.
Donald Berk - July 25th, 2015 at 12:30 AM
Michael,
I won't forget the time we shared at my house on the Yakama reservation, hiking Cowiche Canyon while you gestured grandly at every cleft in the basalt towers on each side of the trail to point out where thick bolts of cosmic lightning had clawed, chiseled and melted the terrain. Your work was a unique amalgam of art and science and you a unique artist and scientist.
Donald Berk
Phil Safier - July 25th, 2015 at 7:48 PM
I see the world differently now because of you Michael. Standing there at the Rincon of the Sandias I finally saw what you saw. You changed the Earth for me and for many others. It doesn't matter whether it actually happened the way that you and Velikovsky thought. It only matters that we have more than one way to see and know the world.

Bravo! Thanks for your courage, your fire, and your amazing imagination. You burned bright and flamed out and deposited mountains in our minds. Thanks for the videos. Generations to come will honor you.

Phil Safier
Albuquerque, NM
Elaine Steinbacher - July 27th, 2015 at 9:00 AM
Phil, that was beautiful. Thank you I know Michael and the rest of us would like to think that we burned so brightly that we would be remembered for generations to come!!! Elaine Steinbacher
DVD - July 26th, 2015 at 5:24 AM
Michael was a great character who made real headway in helping to understand the real processes that have shaped our planet. He was a competent catastrophist in the fight against glib gradualism.
Peter Zoeftig - July 26th, 2015 at 5:33 AM
I have just come across your work, I am deeply sorry to hear this news.
Elaine Steinbacher - July 26th, 2015 at 11:53 AM
As Michael's sister in law (married to his older brother, Donald E. Steinbacher, ) I am grateful for this tribute by his peers. His whole family had no idea his efforts and work was so respected by many. We are grateful to read all comments and posts and feel so thankful that he had so many friends who admired him and appreciated him for the intelligent, artistic, gentle soul that he was. He defnitely was unique and had great passion for living. He loved animals, people, fine wines and good, healthy foods. He really loved his parents and admired his artistic Father, Charles H. Steinbacher. He loved his maternal grandfather who used to take him on walks when he was a child with the sole purpose of "making people smile" . We know he loved us. He would do anything for his family and friends even if it meant giving up all he had. He never cared about collecting material possessions. He chose to live an unconventional life that did not include owning homes or raising a family. Often, I considered him the happiest person in our family. He achieved peace and satisfaction without owning much of anything. He appreciated the earth and all it offered. My daughter, Donna, (his neice) always said he was more like JESUS than anyone in our family. What finer tribute can we offer up to him? Today I see him in heaven and I hear our Lord say......"Michael Steinbacher, well done!" Did he sin.....sure he did just like the rest of us. But, he was kind to all and he cared for God's people and obviously interpreted what he saw in God's world in his unique and unconventional ways......that was how he lived in his early life continued to be the same right up until the end. We are all going to miss him, but feel very confident that we will see him and his beautiful smile and expressive blue eyes along with his constantly in motion hands and arms when talking when he greets us HOME in heaven!!! Thanks, Uncle Mike, you taught us all a great deal about life and unconventional ways of lilving it out well.
Tony Rango - July 26th, 2015 at 12:39 PM
Thank you for sharing Elaine. I only knew Michael for a very short time and followed his work for less than a year. I could tell he had a big heart and cared deeply about others and sharing his work with them so they could see the things he saw through his eyes. It was an honor and a privilege to spend a few precious hours talking to him about this work. As he did, I hope it inspires others to continue where he left off. I know that I will see geology and rock formations with a whole new perspective and through a new lens. Thank you Michael. We will miss you.
Peggy Bean - July 26th, 2015 at 12:53 PM
I'll never forget his beautiful smile and incredible mind. He made me laugh until the very end. He never lost his sense of humor or his ability to reach out and touch our hearts. He had the best "vibes" of anyone I ever met. I'll truly miss him. Om on, Michael
Doreen Goodlin - July 26th, 2015 at 4:10 PM
We met Michael in Colorado at the Great Sand Dunes, had a stimulating conversation about plasma and the Electric Universe....we then went down the road to a waterfall and cave, upon returning to our car, there was Michael, taking pictures from a distance of the Great Sand Dunes...We invited him to a snack and shared much more of his life in return....Michael's presence was electrifying and stimulating, we found him to be on a journey of his life, enjoying every one he met, Oh by the way, talked about the beautiful women in his life too ! A true lover of beauty, nature, people, the Earth.
His contribution to our wonder will live on, in all who met Michael. You will be missed, but I know you are on another great adventure!.....Peace and Love.
David K. - July 27th, 2015 at 8:06 AM
I'm very, very sad to know that Michael has gone. :(
I remember so much his impressive eyes and his way to look at someone. Like piercing the person with interest, excitement and fascination. And he was so much alive in the sense of being excited. He watched the world with fascinated eyes which have glimpsed a little of true knowledge, and he could appreciate the beauty he saw. I was very impressed by his appearance and vividly remeber the moments together at the Natural Philosophy conference in Maryland in 2011 and the EU conference 2012 in Las Vegas. So sad...
john - July 27th, 2015 at 8:54 PM
I followed his work because he spoke in a way a guy like me(a carpenter)could understand.
What a great guy! I will miss him. I really felt a connection! RIP Michael

John
Ryan Coonfare - July 28th, 2015 at 10:54 AM
I know he will be missed by many, and I am one of those that will miss him. I am fairly new to his research, but it truly resonated with me. I know I will never look at a map or a planet the same way again because of Michael, and I will share that view with everyone I can. RIP, Michael I hope now that you found the answers you were looking for.
Jone - July 28th, 2015 at 1:53 PM
I felt love for Michael.
Alice - July 31st, 2015 at 8:34 PM
Michael's contribution to geological science will become indesputable as true science within the field moves forward. As.a PhD scientist from a unrelated field, I was impressed with his clarity of vision, insight, and fresh communication. The emperor's new clothes (childrens fable) reads like Michael's work. Why could not this have been recognized earlier? Surely a strong delusion has been set as a veiled understanding of these formations.
Thank you, Michael.
Kim Gifford - August 2nd, 2015 at 9:52 PM
Michael (aka Duney) was unselfish and enthusiastic, how I wish I had spoken to him one last time, or taken the time to catch myself up on his latest evolutions of theory. He was truly unique, and I will miss knowing he is in the world.
Rob Richard - September 18th, 2015 at 3:33 PM
I am very happy that I got to speak with you Michael and share ideas.
David Pierce - October 1st, 2015 at 12:37 AM
As my own father (also RIP) would have put it: Earth is e'er the less; Heaven, the more. God bless and keep you, Michael Steinbacher.
Becky Vaughn Johnson - November 20th, 2015 at 10:02 PM
I know Michael when he lived in Hermosa Beach. We were a "bunch" of friends. He had a cute dog called He-she ( who was "fixed"). The name never left me because "THE COMMANDER" had a lot of eccentricities! Yes, that was his nick-name then. He made me famous when the Dodgers won the world series, he was a photographer for the Daily Breeze then. He was good friends with Jack Lardomita, another photographer. We had like a small family of friends. Wow , those were the days my friends!! Those Gorgeous blue eyes!!! He was the first of my friends who visited me when I moved to No. CA. I never saw him again though. RIP Commander, I'll miss our talks! No more STUFF!
Gary Reid - May 18th, 2017 at 11:31 PM
I so enjoyed the day and night he spent at my house. He rally showed me the terrain here and around Beatty. I showed him first hand the water mountains north of me that formed circles for many miles. It also makes the head waters of the Amargosa river. The longest underground river on earth. Thank you Michael for wasting one of your precious days with me